Tuesday, May 22, 2018

A Love Poem

As an aging acrobat and CrossFit enthusiast (I drank the koolaid), I've an ongoing affair with anti-inflammatories. Just check out the snazzy knee brace in this photo.
My knee brace, my friend.

Can you relate? Got any lingering high school sports injuries? Formerly broken wrists an ankles that now predict the weather? Are you getting older and remembering a younger body that didn't ache all the time? Me too!

Imma get real with you right now and reveal my tumultuous affair, my longterm on-again off-again romance: Ibuprofen. I love you. I hate you. I love to hate you.

Relationship status: It's complicated.

Dextre likes to joke, How can you tell you're an antique acrobat? You have a favorite pain killer! And we do. Vitamin I.

I felt this relationship deserved some bad poetry. If you like bad poetry, you're in luck, here it is.

Ibuprofen my old friend
I must rely on you again
Because my joints they are creaking
It’s your comfort I am seeking
To relieve all these aches & pains
But they remain
And the pain
Settles in, gets cozy

In careful steps I hobble on
Haven’t had a dose since dawn
Anti inflammatory properties
Are exactly what I need
But your side-effects scary
So be wary
Stomach ulcers, why bother?

Sweet relief it comes to me
4-6 hours I am free
Of the swollen, aching throb
That all too often comes to rob
Us of our peace and clarity
Listen to me
Advil PM
For the win

And a brief look, throwing it way back to this first person aerial silk routine and one of the many reasons I rely on NSAIDs


I also wrote a poem about poop bags, you can find that here you glutton for punishment you! If you'd like to support the blog and our family circus, just click through any of our links to get to Amazon and then do your regular shopping and we'll receive a kickback. Thanks!

Keep in touch with Circus Stella;  YoutubeInstagramFacebook, & Twitter.

Join our Super Rad Mailing List  

Ironically, this doesn't hurt.
Disclosure; This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
SaveSaveSaveSave

3 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration Jana. May your body keep going strong to keep up with dreams and aspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem can be sung to 'The Sound of Silence.'

    I enjoyed it. Well done. *snap snap snap*

    ReplyDelete